Get Paid What You're Worth
How to Negotiate a Raise or Higher Starting Salary
This book provides proven salary negotiation strategies and tips to effectively negotiate a raise or a higher salary when starting a new job. You will learn how to get paid what you are worth and to maximize your earning potential. Whether you're considering a new job or asking for a raise, Get Paid What You're Worth will teach you the salary negotiation strategies you need to negotiate the highest amount possible.
This book is jam-packed with insider tips, proven strategies and salary negotiation secrets, including:
Immediately after your payment has been approved,
you will be
provided with a link to download this ebook in PDF format.
I was making only $50,000 with a wish to make $70,000, but Joel recommended I ask for the unbelievable amount of $94,000. I was surprised when my employer accepted. Joel’s Salary Negotiation Strategies gave me a new perspective on salary negotiation.
Margaret Dick, General Manager
As a direct result of my work with Joel, my salary and benefits went up 20%, my autonomy within my organization reached unprecedented levels, and I learned how to create islands of excellence in an academic institution. It was the best money I ever spent, and my suspicion is that you will find the same.
Betty Wilkinson, Associate Director
The IRIS Center at the University of Maryland
You Will Learn:
Preparing to Negotiate
- 15 do and don’ts of negotiation.
- 8 websites to research the market value for your position.
- 12 ways to find the appropriate salary for your position.
- Capitalize on the 8 best times to negotiate.
- 10 common mistakes to avoid during the negotiation.
- 22 proven strategies to become the #1 candidate so you can negotiate a top salary.
- 4 effective ways to get your employer to appreciate your value.
- 8 requirements necessary before an employer can understand what you’re really worth.
Secrets to Negotiate the Highest Amount
- 15 secrets to negotiating the highest amount.
- 8 yes’s for every no on why you deserve a raise.
- 5 of the most common fears that make you reluctant to ask for a raise.
- 4 things your company considers when giving a raise.
- 52 benefits, perks and concessions to negotiate.
Negotiation in Action
- 4 ways to respond when asked about your last salary.
- 5 proven stories that demonstrate your worth.
- 2 ways to respond when the salary is discussed early in the conversation.
- 10 objections to be prepared to overcome.
- 7 ways to follow-up to get the desired amount.
Securing the Best Offer
- 10 ways to get the raise or salary that feels impossible to achieve.
- Track 16 items to present an ironclad case for a raise.
- 5 proven techniques to implementing a salary negotiation strategy that gets the highest amount.
- 4 questions to ask yourself to evaluate how your negotiation performance went.
- 17 things to consider before accepting an offer.